Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Cake Decorating Skills

I've been watching alot of cake decorating shows on t.v. lately ,and got the urge to bake a cake today.
This is the fondant being kneaded. The fondant was relatively easy. I just found the recipe on the Wilton cake site. I used the Marshmallow Rolled Fondant because it had less ingredients.


This is the fondant after being colored.


I was watching 'Amazing Wedding Cakes',and they had 'marbled' the fondant so I decided to try it. I think it turned out pretty well.. Here's a star with the marbled fondant.


Here is the finished product. For my first 'real' cake it turned out ok I guess.






7 comments:

sara said...

Good Job. I think it is amazing that you made your own fondant. I want to learn to decorate cakes too. One of these days.

The Schauerhamers said...

way to go!!! I love it! I have wanted to make my own fondant for months now and haven't found time to try it out. I guess you will have to show me how!

Stacy said...

That looks great. I signed myself, Kelsie, and Whit up for a cake decorating class in Sept. We will see how it goes.

Anne Adele said...

you guess it turned out alright. it's amazing. I think that it is wonderful.

Whit said...

Tenny. I think thats impressive. I have been a little addicted to the cake boss lately. I think working in a bakery would be so fun. Maybe I should look into that. Or I should just enjoy the cake decorating classes. Thanks Stacy

Unknown said...

Love it!

Meesa said...

awesome! Was this your first try? I've always wanted to take a Cake Decorating Class at Michaels or something, but have never gotten around to it.