Sunday, August 7, 2011

Baking

A friend and I are determined to open up our own baker when we're done with college, so every Tuesday we bake something different. Usually it's cupcakes, but this week we made no-bake cookies, which doesn't really count as baking, but it's still a lovely treat. I alone have been baking something new at least once a week. This week I made two different things. First, I made Eclairs with vanilla pastry cream and chocolate drizzled over the top. Second, I made Banana Layer Cake with Cream Cheese frosting. They were both mighty tasty. Some other things that I have made are Peanut Butter cupcakes with Chocolate frosting and a reese's on top, S'more Cookies, Chocolate Reese's cupcakes with Peanut Butter frosting, and Oreo cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  
These are the finished Eclairs. They look like cream puffs, but I used the eclair recipe. I didn't have the right tip for the icing bag so I just plopped the dough on the pan and hoped it would work. I guess it did!



This is the Banana Layer Cake. I really like the cream cheese frosting. As for the cake, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm assuming it's good because my dad and Greg are just finishing up their second pieces.

3 comments:

sara said...

My goodness girlie. You are going to town with the baked goods. Good for you. It think it is so cool that you enjoy baking and that you are so good at it. I wish I was there to try some of the delicacies. The eclairs looked amazing. I happen to love No Bake Cookies. They are actually the first thing that I learned to make. I still remember the recipe. It was in this cute little homemade recipe book of Shelley's I wonder if she still has that old thing. Keep on Baking!

Alan and Shelley said...

Well Tenny, I'll just start calling you Betty now. It all looks very yummy. Hmmm, not sure if I have that old cookbook. I hope I do. It had some cute recipes in it, I'll have to look for it tomorrow and make something from it for the tea party we're going to have one day this week. Wish you were here.

Anne Adele said...

Tennyson,Congratulations on your creativity. I would love to be hanging in your kitchen this summer. I hope you never run out of new recipes to try.