Monday, October 24, 2011

Recipes

So, Shelley requested the recipe for the Tres Leches cake and the truffles, which by the way can be made into whatever you would like.
The Tres Leches cake recipe was from the Pioneer Woman Cooks website, so here's the link.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/09/tres-leches-cake/

The recipe for the truffles is as follows:
1 package of oreos, crushed
1 package of cream cheese, softened
Then, for the chocolate you can either use two bags of white chocolate chips or 2 pkgs of semi-sweet baking chocolate squares.
You then combine 3/4 of the oreos and the cream cheese, roll them into half inch balls and dip them in the chocolate. Once they have been dipped thoroughly put them onto a baking pan covered with wax paper and let them dry. You can then either sprinkle them with the leftover oreo or decorate them some other way.

1 comment:

Alan and Shelley said...

thanks tennyson! When I get real skinny then I think I might allow myself the calories in that cake. I had no idea it would be so caloric. yikes! The truffles sound super easy. I think mint oreos would be kind of yummy.